Present at Let's Get to Work 2019!
Is Employment in Manitoba Important to you?
Are you interested in sharing and exploring career development best practices?
Are you excited for a day of collaboration with fellow practitioners?
We invite you to share your expertise with colleagues from around the province and submit a proposal to present!
Call for Presentations
For the 2019 Let’s Get to Work Conference on November 08, 2019
Victoria Inn Hotel, Winnipeg Manitoba
Manitoba Association for Career Development (MACD) invites you to submit a presentation proposal for the 2019 Let’s Get to Work Conference, November 8, 2019. Presenting individually or as part of a team is a wonderful way to share expertise, stories of successful collaborations and lessons learned in your practice.
Your 1-hour presentation can be one of the following:
- Breakout session
- Roundtable discussion
- Facilitated networking session
The Let’s Get to Work Conference is Manitoba’s premier event for individuals who work in the field of career development. This annual conference allows people and organizations an opportunity to exchange information, explore innovative approaches in the area of career counselling, and career development. As a presenter, you receive a discounted registration allowing you to attend the full conference, thereby extending the value of your investment. Presenters will receive a discount of 50% from their registration fee*
Let’s Get to Work presenters are people like yourselves who work in schools, community agencies, government, private practices and corporations. You are professionals in career development and related fields who are forward-thinkers with fresh ideas and projects to convey.
What to Present?
The Let’s Get to Work Conference Committee has identified areas to assist presenters in targeting the content of their sessions, garnered in part from requests received from last year’s attendees. These are examples only; your ideas and suggestions are welcome!
- Labour Market Information
- Assessment Tools
- Career Advice Across Ages and Cultures
- Ethics for Career Development Practitioners
- Innovation for Practitioners
- Employer Engagement
- Impact of Technology in Career Development
- Career Development for Marginalized Populations
Where and When?
- The conference is on November 08, 2019 at the Victoria Inn on Wellington Ave from 9:00 to 4:30.
- The deadline for presenter submissions: Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- Selected presenters will be notified via email by July 31, 2019.
We are looking forward to your proposal!
* Please note only one presenter for each breakout session will receive the 50% discount on registration
Presenters are responsible for providing their own laptops. MAC users: please bring the appropriate adapter.
If you have any questions or inquiries please contact LGTW@MACD-MB.org